5.29.2012

BACCALAUREATE



My little brother had his baccalaureate this past Sunday.  It was like being transformed back five years before when I had mine.  The ceremony was held at the same church down the street from the school.  The students wore the the same graduation attire - boys in crisp suits and ties and girls in long, white muumuus. A farewell address was delivered to the graduating class with speeches from their deans and some of their fellow students.  They sang a few graduation songs and it was just an overall intimate moment for their families to see how far their sons or daughters have come in their high school career.  In a week, my brother will officially graduate after thirteen years at the same school.  I still can't wrap my head around how fast those years went by.  Time sure does fly.