8.18.2012

COUNTDOWN


Sorry I've been MIA from this blog for a while.  I've been having a lot of anxiety these past couple of weeks.  It's starting to get very real that I will be leaving Hawaii soon to return to Seattle.  I'm finally going to have to wake up from this dreamlike trance I've been living in the past few months and face reality.  One of my best friends just moved to Hilo for graduate school and I'm wondering if I should have picked that school instead of the one I'm going to Seattle.  I do love the laid back, friendly atmosphere of Hawaii and since I hope to work and live in Hawaii after I graduate, I'm wondering if I should have just stayed home where I could have saved money on tuition.  Even though I love Seattle too, the city has lost some of that charm that won me over my undergraduate years.  There are still so many places to explore and adventures to experience on the mainland though.  I know these next four years will be really tough and require a lot of work, I'm just wondering if I'll be able to get through them without the comfort of my close friends and family.  I may be over thinking everything right now, but I'm really comfortable at where I'm at right now and scared that having to change and adjust to a new lifestyle will break me.  I'm trying to go into this with an open mind, but in the back of my head I'm constantly questioning myself if I made the right choice.  I guess only time will tell if I did.