7.05.2012

LAVENDER FIELDS FOREVER

Remember this post when I talked about how badly I wanted to go to Maui just to see the Lavender Farm.  Well it all serindipously became true when my cousin decided to get married and chose Maui of all places to have her wedding.  You can imagine how ecstatic I was to find this out.  We drove to Maui's up country to the farm town of Kula where the Ali'i Lavender Farm is located.  It was absolute heaven!  There are just fields and fields of all types of lavender.  I was a bit sad I couldn't really smell the lovely lavender scent though because I was still a little sick.  My nose would have been going crazy for sure if I could.  We bought some Lavender Lilikoi Jelly as a souvenir from the gift shop (which was then confiscated by TSA for being 1 oz over the liquid limit).  I literally could have stayed there for hours just sitting on a bench taking the gorgeous country scenery all in.  It was such a beautiful, calming experience.  I highly recommend making the venture out here to anyone that comes to visit in Maui, especially in the summer when it's in season.