4.10.2012

RECOLLECTION


A few days ago I was doing some reorganizing around the house and I came across my dad's vinyl records.  He has a pretty decent size collection.  I remember him playing these records a lot when I was younger.  I definitely owe my musical taste to my dad.  He's the reason why growing up, I was more into Pearl Jam and Edie Brickell instead of the Backstreet Boys.  He would always have the car radio tuned to the classic rock or oldies station.  He even took me to my first concert - Santana, when I was five years old.  Sometimes I wish I were born before the existence of CD players and MP3.  There' s something so cool about vinyl records and the listening experience they bring.  I really hope that one day my dad will pass down his collection to me.  They would be a wonderful keepsake.