8.27.2012

I LIKE THE FISHIES SWIMMING ROUND IN THE SEA



The last time I went to Hanauma Bay was back in middle school for a marine biology field trip.  It was my first time ever snorkeling and I definitely ended up choking on more salt water than I did snorkeling.  I think that episode scarred me for a while, because I never returned to the bay until just recently.  Some of my friends were going and the promise of seeing lots of fishies was enough to make me face my fear.  Fortunately, this time around was way better!  The water was crystal clear that it was easy to spot the numerous tropical fishes even without a snorkel.  Although you're not suppose to feed the fish, my friend brought a bag of soybeans - shhh.  The fishes intuition knew instantly there was food and they would suddenly swarm and nip at you.  It was pretty freaky how close they would get to you.  It was still pretty amazing to see all the marine life that I'm used to seeing at the aquarium in their natural habitat.  I definitely need to come to Hanauma Bay more, especially after I found out that admission is free for locals!